BRAND NEW FROM A FACTORY AUTHORIZED SWART DEALER!From Swart:
Yep, the STR-Tremolo will have the same soul and basic circuit as the STR-Tweed, just with:
- The addition of a great tremolo stage
(along with a revised and more surf Zone Reverb Stage)
- The addition of a 3 way EQ Switch that makes
the STR-Trem more flexible
Push comes to shove, I think the STR-Tremolo does have a touch less gain than the STR-Treed as the Tremolo section will take place of the extra gain stage in half of the 12AX7. On the other hand, it will still have much of the STR-Tweed's great tone, immediacy, growl, and touch sensitivity. Drop in the Atomic Boost, and you get it back and more. I really dig this amp and have been playing it daily since we finally got it off the bench.
I actually tried the STR-Trem with and without an Atomic Boost and loved it both ways. Of note, the new cabs are a touch deeper to fit the Celestion Blue and Gold or many other slightly deeper speakers. I thought the Celestion Blue was AMAZING in the amp but did have a bit less bottom fullness at lower levels, much like any alnico vs a good ceramic. The BV-30 is such a great compromise of tone, great breakup, and nice fullness for a 5w single-ended design. But we also REALLY dig the Celetsion Creamback in this amp (my personal favorite if going with a ceramic. ***Dig the take of a Blue in the TUX cabinet*** ~ kh)
I loved the 3-way switch when you needed to back down some of the added lower end fullness when pushing the amp hard. Drop it back in with a bit lower volume and it's a pleasant extra bit of lower end richness.
This amp just sounds so great when cranked, though. The overdriven STR-Trem is just addictive with a lot of complexity and swirl. And it allows you to hear the difference in guitars instead of turning every axe into more of the same. I'd say that's a great trait of all Swart amps and the STR-Tremolo continues the tradition with aplomb.
As for the tremolo, it's not easy to get great trem with low wattage single-ended designs and this is among the best I've personally heard, with a nice range of speed and good depth. But the amp sounds great with it off, too. Back the depth to zero and let her rip and you'll be grinning ear to ear.
- 5W CLASS A ~ Single-Ended Output
- Zero Negative Feedback
- 100% Tube Circuit - GZ34 or 5Y3 Valve Rectifier
- Big Swart Tube - Spring Tank Reverb - Foot Switchable
- Swart Tube Tremolo - Foot Switchable
- 3 way EQ Switch ~ Full, Natural, Low Cut
- Powered by choice of 6V6 ~ 6L6 (shod w/6V6)
- JJ 12AX7(2) - JJ 12DW7 - JJ 6V6S - JJ GZ34 Rectifier
- Shop Tube Subs - Tung-Sol 12X7, TAD 6V6, TAD GZ34
- Point to Point Hand Wired Circuit
- Cathode Biased (no need to bias)
- Carbon Comp Resistors ~ Mallory Caps
- Cloth Hook-Up Wire
- Hi/Lo Input for High & Low powered Pickups
- Heaters referenced to ground
- Standby Switch for tube warm-up, extending tube life
- All Swart Amplifiers employ Star Grounding
- 4/8 ohm 1/4" Out - Drive other Speaker/Cabinet
- Switchcraft 1/4 inch inputs and output
- CTS Potentiometers
- Custom High Quality USA Built Swart Spec Iron
- Speaker: 12" Mojotone BV-30H ~ 8 ohm
- Finger-Jointed, solid Pine Cabs w/Two Build Options
- Vintage Jewel Lamp ~ Circuit Fuse Protected
- Two-Button Footswitch for on/off Reverb & Tremolo
- Dimensions: 17" W x 10 3/4" D X 16 3/4" H (w/feet) ~ 29.5lbs
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping.
We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
* Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA.
14 Day Return for Merchandise Credit or Exchange
We're so sure you'll enjoy shopping with us that if for any reason, you're not completely satisfied with any item you receive from Matt's Music, simply call us within 14 days of the time you receive your merchandise for either a full in-store credit, or exchange - all entirely up to you. Items must be in brand new, factory fresh, resalable condition with all original packing materials, warranty cards and owners manuals, and show no signs of wear or abuse. All returns are subject to inspection. Special order items that are not normally stocked are non returnable. Ask if your purchase qualifies before you buy. Credit/exchange is for merchandise only and does not include any shipping charges. No refunds are issued in any case. Layaways are good for 60 days and layaway deposits are non refundable.
Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order.
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.