This is a hopped-up volume pedal with an SHO at its
heart, providing boost, and a copper probe plate like a
Fuzz Probe. As your foot gets closer, the volume goes
up, but unlike a conventional volume pedal, there are
no moving parts so you can create instant swells and
tremolo effects by tapping your foot on the pedal in time
with the band.
- The Tremolo Probe is a kind of cross between a theremin volume control and a Super Hard-On. There is a 3-5/8" square copper plate mounted on a chunk of 3/8" clear acrylic that passes over the top of the pedal housing, angles down to sharp turn, and goes back to the pedal. Under the whole mess is a 3 5/8" by 7" sheet of aluminum that provides shielding from annoying ground effects and wires under the stage. It also serves to protect the knob from being knocked off if you drop it on that end... and it makes a nice toe chopper if you are barefoot, so (legal disclaimer:) DO NOT DROP THIS PEDAL ON YOUR FOOT! IT IS HEAVY AND HAS VERY POINTY CORNERS THAT COULD DAMAGE LIVING CREATURES AND FINE HARDWOOD FLOORING. ALSO, YOU COULD BREAK SOMETHING. Like your dog.
- At the heart of this pedal is a super hard-on circuit combined with a probe controller circuit. You can tap on this pedal with your foot to make lovely tremolo sounds that are in perfect time with your foot's movement... so they can be perfectly in time with your performance or the band's tempo changes. You can also use the pedal to make reverse-sounding volume swells or pedal-steel type volume effects.
- The copper antenna projects a field of RF energy that is affected by your foot (or other appendage), altering the circuit that generates it, an in so doing, increasing the brightness of that LED on the top of the pedal and also controlling the master volume of the output. You can set the drive of the pedal with the knob on the back... it gets pretty darn loud, so watch out. It will distort in an interesting way when it is cranked. Basically, the reason it is called the tremolo probe is that you can tap on the antenna at any speed and your sound will be a nice tremolo in time with the band. It is possible to set the volume to be up slightly when your foot is off the antenna and come up louder as your foot approaches the antenna... see next.
- You might start with these settings and rules: 1) Plug in your cords (output and battery switch is on LEFT). 2) Make sure your guitar cords are AWAY from the antenna. They will mess with the probe just like your foot does. 3) Stomp on the switch and you'll be able to tell when it's on, when it is quiet with your foot away. Bring your foot near the antenna to control the volume of the guitar. 4) Put your foot completely on the pedal and adjust the knob on the back until it's at the right volume. Voila.
- DON'T MESS WITH THE SCREWDRIVER ADJUSTMENT SETTINGS UNDER THE PEDAL. Just remember this: use a bright light first and MARK the original settings. The white screwdriver slots have a light arrow imprinted on them... really, they do, look closer. Use a pin or sharp tool or sharpie and scratch or mark the metal where the original setting is before you goof around with the controls. Turning the controls in the direction of the arrows INCREASES the sensitivity of the antenna. DO NOT turn up the LED control to the top and leave it there. All that will do is drain your battery. In case you want to reduce the sensitivity, turn the RF control in the opposite direction from the arrow and you can make the plate respond only when your foot is in contact with it. If you are careful, you can adjust it so that the sensitive range goes from just touching it to putting your weight on it.
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping.
We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
* Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA.
14 Day Return for Merchandise Credit or Exchange
We're so sure you'll enjoy shopping with us that if for any reason, you're not completely satisfied with any item you receive from Matt's Music, simply call us within 14 days of the time you receive your merchandise for either a full in-store credit, or exchange - all entirely up to you. Items must be in brand new, factory fresh, resalable condition with all original packing materials, warranty cards and owners manuals, and show no signs of wear or abuse. All returns are subject to inspection. Special order items that are not normally stocked are non returnable. Ask if your purchase qualifies before you buy. Credit/exchange is for merchandise only and does not include any shipping charges. No refunds are issued in any case. Layaways are good for 60 days and layaway deposits are non refundable.
Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order.
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.