The Ringtone™ plays a pre-set melody while ring-modulating
it against your guitar’s notes. This latest revision
features tap tempo! The controls allow the user to select
sequenced or random melodies driving a ring mod, a step
mode allows the user to advance the sequence one step at
a time with the tap foot switch. The speed knob takes over
when rotated to change the speed.
- Controls: The controls are as follows: from the upper left, there is a sequence/random/step switch which sets the function of the left stomp switch, a speed control for the sequence/random mode, 8 individual carrier pitch adjustment knobs, the left stomp switch which enters tap tempos or operates as a manual step control, and the true-bypass stomp switch on the right. Also, inside there is a trim-pot adjustment on the small daughter board attached to the bypass switch to set the mix of ring-modulated sound versus direct guitar... when shipped from the factory, this is mix is set for pure ring-modulation.
- Setup: The way ZVEX recommends setting up the Ringtone in the setup video on the zvex.com website is as follows: Set the upper left switch to step mode (far right.) Switch the bypass stomp switch to on, so that ring modulation begins. Turn the first carrier knob (with the illuminated led) to a pitch which matches your first chord or note selection on the guitar and gives a pleasing tone. The pitch of the carrier is lower to the right, with the extreme setting resulting in tremolo-like pulsing. Push the left stomp switch to advance to the next carrier knob and repeat the process until you have prepared all of the carrier knobs to pitches which work with your chord or note progression. For sequenced operation, set the small upper left switch to the left for Run mode, and adjust the speed knob next to it for the proper speed. The left stomp switch selects sequenced or random action in this mode.
- For sequencing, set the small upper left switch to sequence mode and use the left stomp switch to set the tempo, one-for-one tapping for each channel change. To set the speed with the speed knob, simply turn the knob more than 10% from its previous position and it will take over tempo control. Tap at any time to set tap tempo. You must tap an even number of times to initiate tap tempo. Tapping 3 times, for example, will confuse the unit as it waits for the 4th tap. You may set the small upper left switch for random mode to create unpredictable patterns. The rest of the functions work as in sequence mode.
- Internal adjustment: To set the mix control as demonstrated in the first video for the Ringtone on zvex.com, begin by removing the four screws on the bottom of the unit. Set the lid aside and use a small flat-blade screwdriver or your fingernail to adjust the blue trim pot for the proper mix of guitar/ring mod. Note the original position... this position is pure ring modulation. The other extreme setting is pure guitar.
- Battery: If operation becomes intermittent, replace the dead battery with a fresh alkaline 9 volt battery. The Ringtone has special circuitry which helps drain the battery to a very low voltage before it fails, to extract as much power as possible from the battery before diminishing the quality of operation. This helps save on batteries as well as helping the environment. Be sure to recycle your batteries! For use with a 9V adaptor, you must purchase a Z.Vex power plate and be sure to protect the unit from damage by securely taping the battery clips to avoid shorting inside, and taping the clips into the battery compartment securely away from the jacks.
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping.
We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
* Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA.
14 Day Return for Merchandise Credit or Exchange
We're so sure you'll enjoy shopping with us that if for any reason, you're not completely satisfied with any item you receive from Matt's Music, simply call us within 14 days of the time you receive your merchandise for either a full in-store credit, or exchange - all entirely up to you. Items must be in brand new, factory fresh, resalable condition with all original packing materials, warranty cards and owners manuals, and show no signs of wear or abuse. All returns are subject to inspection. Special order items that are not normally stocked are non returnable. Ask if your purchase qualifies before you buy. Credit/exchange is for merchandise only and does not include any shipping charges. No refunds are issued in any case. Layaways are good for 60 days and layaway deposits are non refundable.
Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order.
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.