The Barber Half Gainer is the dual channel version of our retired LTD series of ultra clear low gain overdrive. The Half Gainer adds new features for enhanced live performance. There is a new "mid character" control that simultaneously adjusts the midrange content and shifts the EQ curve to compliment the amount of midrange added or cut! We worked with pedal artist Bronson Wagner to achieve a very upscale graphic and paint presentation. Bronson tastefully applied Art Deco styling on a rich new silver vein powder coat, for beauty with significant durability. The sounds that emanate from our overdrive instrument range from subtle purrs, to an authoritative sweet grind. The Midrange Character control allows you to set the tone control to a nearly flat EQ balance for BIG chords that match your clean tone magnificently, or dial in a sophisticated fatness to thicken your single note lines to perfection.
- Precision matched components-Using tight specifications to ensure symmetrical clipping and reduced intermodulation distortion. This allows complex chords to be heard with total definition and clarity at any level of overdrive.
- True bypass switching with led indicator- Each Barber pedal uses a high grade foot-switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create a transparent bypass.
- Full size pots- For durability and for easy serviceability if needed.
- Hand made-we make the 1/2 Gainer one at a time and each one is initialed and dated by the craftsman.
- Volume knob response circuitry-Numerous shades and textures at your fingertips just by adjusting your volume knob.
- Cast aluminum enclosure-Solid aluminum structure made in the UK offers extreme durability for long life.
- Double sided pc board with plate through holes-The PCB we use offer very long service life, and allow component replacement from the top.
- Unique pivot style 9 volt battery clip- Our Battery clip uses an eccentric pivot to swivel the battery clip in and out of the unit for durable long life operation.
- The 1/2 Gainer has a truly unique midrange circuit that allows you to go from flat response overdrive to string thickening midrange bliss.
- Barber adjustable phono style recovery stage- Most of our op-amp based overdrive pedals use a cool old style phonograph circuit to recover the frequencies usually lost in the overdrive stage of lesser pedals, this worked great for vinyl and now works great for guitar overdrive!
- High quality components- Players have requested the use of carbon resistors, metalized polyester caps. These components were thought to be only available on the highest priced pedals. Players asked, and we deliver...no problem, no exaggerated "boutique builder" pricing.
Most orders over $99.00 ship for free inside the lower 48 states. Certain items that are large and heavy do not qualify for free shipping.
We Ship Worldwide!
For information on International Shipping, please call, email or use live chat for rates. Orders shipping outside the Lower 48 States to Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and international orders do not qualify for free shipping. Orders shipping to U.S. Military APO/FPO addresses, PO Boxes, and US territories (Guam, Virgin Islands, etc.) can only ship USPS. NOTE: Boxes over 70 lbs each cannot be shipped to these locations.
As a security precaution, orders over $200.00 will only ship to the address your credit card company has on file for you.
* Korg and Mesa/Boogie products are only available for shipment within the USA.
14 Day Return for Merchandise Credit or Exchange
We're so sure you'll enjoy shopping with us that if for any reason, you're not completely satisfied with any item you receive from Matt's Music, simply call us within 14 days of the time you receive your merchandise for either a full in-store credit, or exchange - all entirely up to you. Items must be in brand new, factory fresh, resalable condition with all original packing materials, warranty cards and owners manuals, and show no signs of wear or abuse. All returns are subject to inspection. Special order items that are not normally stocked are non returnable. Ask if your purchase qualifies before you buy. Credit/exchange is for merchandise only and does not include any shipping charges. No refunds are issued in any case. Layaways are good for 60 days and layaway deposits are non refundable.
Early Order Cancellation
All deposits are non refundable. Lots of our products are special orders and in many cases your order has to be built for you at the factory. This is what makes a lot of our products special. Once your order is started, it's being put together just for you. For this reason we ask that you don't cancel your order after you place it with us. If for some reason you absolutely have to cancel your order with us, we will assess you a 25% cancellation charge. This amount is equal to 25% of your total order amount. Ask us before you place your order to see if what you're purchasing is considered a special order.
Do not accept your shipment if the package shows any signs of external damage. After the item is returned to us we will ship you a replacement. If you receive incorrect or defective merchandise, please call 781-335-0700 within 5 days for a return authorization number.